SF School Board Recall Petitions
check before you send it back
- Everyone has to write their own name and address -- don't write for them.
- Double-check that you filled out the declaration at the bottom correctly:
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
and their answers
- Who can sign the petition?
Anyone who is 18 or older and is CURRENTLY registered to vote in San Francisco. (If you're not registered to vote in San Francisco, you can register to vote and then sign the petition.)
- Where should I send my petition?
Please send it to our lawyers at:
BoE Recall Petition
150 Post Street, Suite 405
San Francisco, CA 94108
- Is my signature private?
Petition signatures are private just like election ballots are. We are not allowed to disclose who signed.
- I don't have a printer and I want to sign
If you're in Lower Haight at any point, you can text us at 650-447-7377 and stop by our home to pick up a petition.
Or check the map to find farmers' markets and drive-thrus where you can sign.
- Why do I need to sign the same petition three times?
They're actually slightly different -- each petition is for a different Commissioner. If you look at the second paragraph (first line), you'll see the Commissioner's name.
- Can green card holders sign?
If you're at least 18 years old and registered to vote, you can sign. We're double-checking whether that means green card holders can sign.
- How soon do you need them back? I still have blank signature lines on my petition. Should I wait to send it in?
Send them in as soon as you can! The faster we get the signatures, the faster we can validate them and the stronger message we send. You can always print more petitions if you know more people who would like to sign.
Definitely send them in at the end of the month. We change the petition every month to update our list of Top Funders. These are the people who have given the campaign $50k or more. You'll notice the list of Top Funders is blank -- we cap donations at $99. (So please donate if you can! We need everyone to pitch in to make this happen.)
- Wait, I have to write dates three times on the declaration?
- What's with the blank pages?
If the petitions have anything printed on the back, then they're invalid. The blank pages are there to make sure that the backs of the petitions are blank even if you print double-sided.
- Do I have to be a San Francisco voter to get signatures?
No; you just have to be 18 years old or older.
- Can minors help?
You must be 18 or older to circulate the petition or to sign it. In other words... don't touch the petitions until they are signed, top and bottom.
But we would LOVE your help with:
* directing traffic at drive-through petition-signing events
* counting signatures (we really need help with this!)
* verifying that petition signatures are valid (this will be a huge project)
* spreading the word on social media or in person
Find a site to sign a petition